Tuesday, February 21, 2012

All About Me

During last semester and continuing on into this semester we have been doing all about me projects.

It started out with Sydney handing out a prompt with specific criteria for what we were supposed to have in our All About Me projects. We then took that prompt and answered the questions based on ourselves.

Some of the questions were basic information: what our full name is, what it means, etc. but some of the questions were much more personal. Some of the questions made me think more about myself than I have in a really long time and some of them were hard to answer because they were so personal.

So far more than half of us have done our All About Me projects. It has been amazing to see how alike and different everyone in our block is. Everyone has someone who is special to them and many of us have similar stories. It was interesting to see how unimportant the physical differences were, when we were so similar in the ways that really matter.

This is something I would love to incorporate into my classroom. It definitely helps to create a classroom community and that is something I desperately want to instill in my own classroom.



To see more:
Social Studies Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment